For Immediate Release:
AAAPG’s The Truth About Adult Guardianship in Palm Beach
(Ft. Lauderdale Fla-Sept. 13, 2017) Americans Against Abusive Probate Guardianship (AAAPG) will host an informative educational seminar to discuss what every American needs to know about senior guardian proceedings, followed by a Town Hall Meeting in which Palm Beach Officials will respond to audience questions about recent and ongoing Probate Court guardianship issues in Palm Beach County.
“Gone unchecked, a court appointed guardian of an elderly person can become abusive and exploitive very quickly,” said Dr. Sam Sugar, founder of AAAPG in Fort Lauderdale.
Dr. Sugar will conduct the opening seminar and moderate the Town Hall meeting that follows. The seminar aims to inform the elderly and their families of the financial and physical danger that can await them in probate court after filing an application for guardianship.
“When a petition for guardianship is filed in any probate court in the U.S., you are putting a loved one at risk of their life and flagging the government that your estate and inheritance are up for grabs,” Dr. Sugar said.
Specifically, the seminar will address the following four points:
· · How Guardianships are supposed to work
· · Understanding the risk factors for guardianships
· · How guardianship can result in abuse and who profits from for profit guardianships
· · Results of AAAPG national surveys of abusive guardianships
An open to the public Town Hall will follow. Scheduled panel members include:
· · State Representative for District 91, Representative Emily Slosberg, Delray Florida
· · Chief Investigator for Palm Beach for the State OPPG and Deputy Clerk of Court Anthony Palmieri
· · Former President of the Florida Bar and Member of the Florida Judicial Qualifications Commission, Palm Beach Attorney Gregory Coleman
· · Award winning investigative Journalist for the Palm Beach Post John Pacenti
The program will be held at
Embassy Suites West Palm Beach,1601 Belvidere Road, in West Palm Beach, Florida.
Seminar at 5 PM followed by Town Hall at 6:15 PM
Questions? call 855 913 5337 x101